Tag Archives: tuck

Breaking Bad

Its been long awaited and with multiple revisions I can finally say that the Kaiju bike has a complete exhaust system! Thanks to Kevin from Standard Function for hooking me up with one of the most unique exhaust systems. Fully modified exhaust system to mimic the R6, with a low profile and sleek look to create that GP inspired design. We used a Akrapovic GP Megaphone Ti System, which was modified to fit the Ruckus and a custom Big Bore Header to keep the right amount of back pressure on the 170cc motor. Finally, SF polished the exhaust system to give a more bling effect, but I can already see the Ti change color after a quick 5 min test run around the block.





Not only that, but we also installed a custom Fuel Tank Cover. Which use to be a Daytona SS Cover is now a black wood grain cover with Rat-Koubou gas cap. Make sure you take your shoes off before you ride the bike. LOL

btw did you guys notice the fuel pump system? hehe.

TGIF – los

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Mounted

The time has finally come where 2 things become one. After all the preparation and adjustments it was time to mount the engine where it belongs, but before the mount it was a perfect day for spraying the engine down with gloss black paint. Its finally coming together, but still feels like a long road ahead. I can’t wait to start releasing some of our new design in the coming weeks, until then check out the pics and the bonus video!!!

Prepping the motor to get painted jet black.

After three coats its finally ready.

Frame Prepped for the engine install.

ATR Fatty Engine Mount, ATR Low Stance Rear Shock.

Test wheel mounted

The video…..

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , ,

Spot Weld

Back at it again! Update on the Tuckin’: It was time to weld the bung and drill out the front frame.

The frames are now done & ready for bondo and paint.  I can’t wait till its fresh out of the oven with its new color.

Also, its finally getting really cold here in Chicago, but thats not going to stop any progress on the bike!

Happy Holidays everyone! -LoS

Tagged , , , , , ,

Tuckin’

Finally getting more progress done with the Kaiju Bike. After the stage 1 was complete we moved on to setting up the rear frame for an ATRtuck setup. The plan is to keep the bike clean and simple, so hopefully this will help that category.

Here is the ATR 11 Pole Wire Harness we got from SF.

Drilling the holes was the most time consuming part due to steps we needed to take. Making sure that we didn’t over do anything or go outside the boundary.

Preview of the ATRtuck

More Drilling!

After all the holes have been drilled out it was time to modify the bung fitting for the rear frame. (Showing sparks is a must have in all build post! haha.)

Time to start welding…. LoS out!

Tagged , , , , , ,